1. Sunday is a work day. (No problems getting used to Friday being a weekend day, however!)
2. Qatar begins its work day SUPER EARLY. It’s not uncommon for me to have 8:00 a.m. meetings, which is often before coffee can get into my veins and start working its magic.
3. I routinely have to make metric system and currency conversions in my head. Thanks, elementary school math!
4. Health care (for me, at least) is quite accessible and inexpensive.
5. The grocery store does not, at least at the moment, have ranch dressing.
Okay, ranch dressing is very easy to make without the packet or the bottle:
1/2 – 3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk (you can use regular milk or regular milk with buttermilk mix)
2-3 tablespoons sour cream
1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon, dill, parsley, chives or celery leaves (or a combination) I use dry chives and a little dill seed
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of garlic powder or to taste
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard I do not use the mustard
few dashes Tabasco sauce (or hot sauce of your choice, but a little vinegar is what you’re looking for)
Also, when you make the ranch dressing, if you use real garlic or onion, the longer it stays in the refrigerator the stronger it gets, so use the dry.